Strategic Planning Analyst
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||The Strategic Planning Analyst position will assist the Director of Strategic Planning and Institutional Effectiveness in creating data models and performing data analytics to support strategic decision making. It will play a key role in creating and populating data for the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to monitor institutional performance and guide the course of actions to advance the institution's mission most effectively.|
Analyze - (1) Apply advanced analytic and quantitative tools, statistical modeling techniques, and data mining procedures and tools to derive business insights and support strategic business direction. (2) Generate data modeling/analysis, scenario, and sensitivity analysis to support decision making in a portfolio of four quadrants of strategic projects. (3) Assess business plan feasibility by analyzing the business model, financial performance, and relative competitive positions.
Synthesize - (1) Interpret results from projects and translate these findings into clear and compelling recommendations and solutions. (2) Present complex analytical findings in a clear, concise, and impactful manner. (3) Assist in providing institutional performance reports to Governance, Senior Management and other stakeholders.
Measure - (1) Assist in the creation of strategic, operational and financial metrics and key performance indicators to measure organizational performance. (2) Assist in the development of an institutional dashboard to inform and guide the advancement of institutional mission. (3) Develop and maintain the key strategic databases and capabilities that inform the ongoing strategy of the organization.
Monitor - (1) Monitor the success of strategic initiatives and recommend modifications as necessary. (2) Monitor and track industry, competitor and global innovation trends, and analyze data to determine potential impact on business and corporate strategy.
Plan - (1) Assist in the development of long-term goals and strategic objectives. (2) Assist in the development of comprehensive business plans. (3) Assist in project planning and budgeting.
- MBA degree with a strong quantitative background; Master's degree in Economics, Statistics or related fields will be considered
- Three or more years business experience, working experience in performing strategic analysis, business planning, and business performance monitoring will be highly desirable
- Exceptional numerical and statistical ability, with practical research or industry experience with complex quantitative modeling, using Excel and statistical software packages such as SAS, SPSS, R
- Intellectual curiosity, high degree of independent thinking skills, along with excellent problem-solving, analytical, and quantitative skills
- Resourceful and passionate for conducting business research in a dynamic and fast-pace environment, with deep understanding of a broad spectrum of business information sources and tools
- Strong ability to apply learning from one business situation to other
- Distinctive people skills, strong team-orientation, and a professional attitude
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to engage with and persuasively present to a wide variety of audiences
- Strong ownership mindset with a focus on delivering high quality end products
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.