Total Rewards Specialist, Compensation, Benefits, and/or Retirement
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||The Total Rewards Specialist is the senior level individual contributor and subject matter expert for compensation, benefits, and/or retirement plans at the NBME. This position will participate in the design and implementation of and manage the administration of the Compensation, Benefits, and Retirement programs under the NBME's Total Rewards program. The ideal candidate will have experience designing and administering one or more components of a Total Rewards program, specifically Compensation, Employee Benefits, or Retirement plans (including defined benefit and defined contribution plans). |
Responsible for the administration and communication of the NBME's employee health and welfare benefits (NBME offered plans and government mandated plans) including open enrollments, benefits planning, rate renewals, periodic market analysis and bidding of contracts, and benefits expense budget.
Responsible for the administration and communication of the NBME's retirement programs including the defined benefit pension plan, retiree health and welfare benefits (when applicable), highly-compensated employee calculations and annuity purchases, 403(b) and 457(b) open enrollment and administration.
Responsible for the administration and communication of the overall NBME compensation program and structure, including job analysis, evaluation, documentation, and benchmarking at all levels, participation in compensation surveys, and creation of job family and career progression design. Responsible for salary planning, budgeting, cyclical and off-cycle compensation processes.
Responsible for developing annual budgets for salary, benefits and retirement administration, works with Director and Finance in coordinating fiscal year updates as well as future year budgets and forecasts.
Responsible for driving the continued design, messaging and tone of the NBME Total Rewards program, creating communications for internal and external use, and participating in the technical design and decision making of other total rewards elements, such as Rewards and Recognition and Work-Life.
Manages all government required reporting and disclosure related to health and welfare plans, and retirement plans; manages insurance, liability and risk related to employment.
- Eight or more years of experience focused on the administration of benefits, compensation, or retirement plans
- Significant and demonstrated knowledge of government regulations regarding health, welfare and pension benefits, and salary administration
- Excellent analytical skills with expert-level ability using Microsoft Excel
- Experience with an HRIS, Oracle preferred
- Seasoned presenter and business writer, with the ability to communicate with all levels in the organization formally and informally using multiple types of media
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks
- Bachelor's Degree in in Human Resources, Business Administration, Finance or a related field required
- The ideal candidate will be a Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) and/or Certified Benefits Professional (CBP).
- The ideal candidate will have experience with Total Rewards programs and in-depth experience administering Compensation programs, Employee Benefit programs, and/or Retirement plans (including defined benefit and defined contribution plans.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.