|Employment Type:||Full Time|
The Research Measurement Analyst is responsible for conducting research and development activities that will improve the assessment of communication skills within the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE).
Analyze existing assessment processes and propose creative and innovative solutions to measurement problems
Conduct research that includes review of data sets, observation of live examination encounters and review of digital recordings.
Conduct and interpret sophisticated statistical analyses to identify and refine methods of assessing clinical skills.
Consult with physicians and medical educators to develop and review test material.
Develop and oversee rater training activities to ensure rater consistency.
Communicate analytical results and recommendations to internal and external stakeholders.
Participate in an ongoing quality control to ensure that the examination is fair and consistent.
- Ability to conceptualize and explore problems from a broader perspective
- Demonstrated ability to improve processes and procedures
- High level of critical thinking skills, quantitative skills, and logical reasoning ability
- Strong focus on accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with SPSS (or other similar statistical software used to conduct complex statistical analyses)
- Extensive knowledge of Access and/or Excel (or other similar applications) for data manipulation and/or database management
Candidate should have a Master's degree and 1-3 years of experience conducting research design work. A working knowledge of measurement theory for test development and evaluation is preferred.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.