Customer Support Specialist
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||We are currently seeking a Customer Support Specialist to join our new Business to Business Service Desk (B2BSD). The Customer Support Specialist acts as a primary point of contact by providing level one product and service support to external customers. The selected candidate will be responsible for answering questions and inquiries, by phone and email, to resolve issues from receipt of request through final resolution.|
- Provides effective customer service support by responding competently and completely to a wide range of questions and concerns.
- Resolves product, service, and software issues by determining the cause of the problem and selecting and explaining solutions.
- Obtains and evaluates all relevant information to handle product and service inquiries using a database of solutions as a resource to answer questions.
- Identifies the escalation path and triages requests to the appropriate subject matter expert for requests they are unable to resolve.
- Documents customer interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, and comments, and actions taken.
- Uses appropriate model responses (email templates) to customer inquiries via email.
- Performs effective follow up to ensure customer receives resolution.
- Provides feedback to improve the efficiency of the customer service process and recommends potential product or service improvements based on identified customer needs.
- Experience working in a customer service environment
- Ability to effectively assess and resolve customer requests by phone
- Computer proficiency with a firm understanding of data management
- Knowledge of workflow ticketing systems is preferred.
- Knowledge of MS Office applications such as MS Word and Excel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and manage competing priorities
- Ability to handle confidential information appropriately
Candidate should have a high school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 2 years of experience in a professional work environment. Experience working in either a help desk or call center environment is preferred.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.