Vice President, Examinee Support Services
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||The National Board of Medical Examiners® (NBME®), an independent, not-for-profit organization that serves the public through evaluation of healthcare professionals worldwide, is conducting a search for the Vice President of Examinee Support Services (VP, ESS). The VP, ESS is responsible for the delivery of high quality, efficient and cost effective services to examinees, programs and organizations. This position reports to the Senior Vice President of Professional Services and is resident at our headquarters in Philadelphia.|
This highly visible position will manage Director level staff and provide direction and oversight for the day-to-day operations of the ESS unit. The ESS unit has responsibility for providing support services to individuals and client organizations before, during and following an exam administration. This can include activities associated with the authentication of examinees for exams; exam administrations with third party vendors; managing inquiries from customers and; overseeing the test accommodation request process in compliance with the ADA; and managing examinee records. Live support is provided to customers via email and phone, primarily through an ESS call center, and specialized technical support is provided 24/7.
Additionally, the VP, ESS is responsible for:
- Evaluating current practices, systems, processes and services within ESS in conjunction with NBME strategic initiatives and implementing improved practices, systems and processes.
- Facilitating effective communication with internal staff and external organizations, test delivery vendors and candidates to promote an understanding of policies and procedures, facilitate delivery of services, and prevent and resolve problems for the smooth and efficient delivery of services.
- Representing the NBME at annual conferences and other periodic meetings of external professional organizations and actively participate through committee membership, preparing articles, and/or making presentations.
- Assuring adequate staffing for the operational activities and for mentoring and supporting the growth and development of the approximately 45 ESS staff.
Bachelor's Degree required; Advanced degree preferred
The qualified candidate will have a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience successfully leading a customer service function. Demonstrated success with evaluating departmental processes and presenting action plans to enhance the customer experience and maximize efficiencies. Advanced knowledge of the high stakes testing environment and of test administration procedures is desired. Strong knowledge of the legal trends that may impact ESS activities (e.g., ADA, privacy). A strong working knowledge of test delivery methods (paper/pencil, computer based and web-based) is desired.
Related Skills & Other Requirements:
- Has proven ability to work closely with business leaders and functional departments to develop approaches to complex problems and developmental projects.
- Successful experience in problem resolution.
- Must be a clear and compelling communicator, eloquent in front of employees, vendors, clients, and committees, as a role model for the organization.
- Strong written communication skills
- Excellent organizational, managerial, and consultation skills.
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously and independently.
- Able to adapt to organizational changes and be flexible in approaches to solving problems and issues.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.