Network Security Engineer
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
- Stay abreast of critical operational issues, security technology and best practices,
take ownership of network problems and lend assistance to others needing support
in troubleshooting anything ranging from user(s) general access to High Availability
- Design and implement network infrastructure security solutions meeting the immediate and long term business requirements.
- Schedule security penetration testing and Vulnerability scans as required.
Evaluate the results and determine what corrective measures must be taken.
Recommend procedures ensuring upgrades, patches and new apps are installed
correctly and on time.
- Every effort must be made to ensure all systems and services on the infrastructure
are reporting critical SYSLOG information (Emergency, Alert, Critical, etc) up to
logging correlation engine. Routine inspection is required.
- Make daily effort to identify problems and make improvements whenever possible. Provide management with sound recommendations on ways to improve service
The Network Security Engineer position requires a thorough understanding of computer networks, network security and design principles. In addition the engineer must have working experience in both implementation and support of firewalls, IPS, load balancers, proxy servers, routers, switches, authentication services, wireless 802.11 g/n, encryption methods, Windows server and desktop OS, Linux server OS, Windows AD, DHCP and DNS. Thorough working knowledge of OSI model and especially TCP/IP stack as well as being able to troubleshoot problems at the packet layer using trace tools.
- 3 - 5 years experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.