Desktop Support Analyst
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
- Provide Desktop systems support to users in a timely manner and in accordance with the Board and departmental policies including daily phone support on Technology Services Support line
- Investigate and recommend new technology for process improvement.
- Automate routine tasks, applications, program and code end-user solutions using tools such as VBA, PowerShell.
- Lead or participate in special projects -group policies to limit Admin rights; software license management and other projects that will help improve processes.
- Manage MS System Center Configuration Server - Lead the team to use SCCM to create software packages, image updates and deployment. Test and deploy workstations with MS Security patches on a monthly basis using SCCM.
- Investigate and plan project to upgrade SCCM server to 2012
Manage Lumension Endpoint Security- maintain server and client updates as new release are available.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, support, and repair/resolve NBME computer systems, peripherals devices, and /or Windows 7 OS systems.
- Manage McAfee EPO antivirus-Provide daily Administration of McAfee's EPO server, which includes deploying anti-virus and other McAfee products as warranted.
- Ensure all NBME workstations have the current version of McAfee client and latest definition file to protect the NBME environment. Review reports and maintain updates as needed.
- Assist and implement new license management tool to ensure NBME is compliant with desktop software. Recommend purchases or reallocate licenses not in use.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 5 years related experience
- Advanced knowledge of PC hardware, software and Windows operating systems
- Experience with PowerShell/Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
- Experience with SCCM strongly preferred
- Experience with desktop virtualization preferred
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technology quickly
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- A process improvement mind-set, with a desire to be innovative and quality driven
- Strong ability to prioritize and multitask
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.